It's hard to believe that May is already upon us...honestly, our first four months have truly flown by. Between work, language class, exploring our new town and spending time with friends, it's been a whirlwind for us. Our goal for this upcoming summer is to slow down a bit, get back into focusing on learning Italian and enjoy a few little excursions that we have planned.
It's also about time we started doing monthly round-ups here on the La Vita è Bella Blog. Wrap-ups are a great opportunity for us to share our favorite posts and remember all of the fun stuff we've done! So, without further ado, our highlights from April:
- The backside of Boboli Gardens: The far side of Boboli is almost always empty and a blissful departure from the crowded scene near Palazzo Pitti. We visited (for free!) during cultural week.
- Finally experiencing the countryside: we've been in a bit of our own little world here in Florence, so it was nice to get out and see the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
- Easter in Florence: we got to experience il scoppio del carro for the first time, which was fun/funny to see...mostly because Winston was somewhat alarmed by all of the noise and the site of oxen.
- Tasty margarita recipe: a bit traditional, a bit totally made up by us, this margarita recipe is a light and refreshing cocktail for hot days.
- Lunch in the sun with us: great weather early in the month saw us eating outside for just about every single meal.
- Poetry slam on the streets of Florence: nothing is more fascinating/interesting/culturally enlightening as the English-language graffiti on the streest of Florence.
- Moving a dog abroad: we get asked all of the time about how we got Winston safely abroad, so this post was our attempt to put all of our resources in one spot.
- Speaking of Winston...: he goes all Jersey Shore in this post. Such a shame that the real fools will actually be in Florence.
- Photos that might make you a little jealous: here, here and here.
Did we miss any of your favorite posts from April?