Livia is 4 months old already, can you believe it? It seems like only yesterday that we were posting about the pregnancy and her birth. Over the past few months we've come to rely on some crucial baby gear products.
Living in a smallish apartment means that every piece of baby gear makes an impact -- for better or worse. As such, we try to pick out low profile, modern and fun products that do a lot without making it look like a Babys R Us threw up in our apartment. In terms of bigger items, we love:
- Baby Bjorn Babysitter Bouncer: Since Livy grew into this at 5 weeks she absolutely adores it. She controls the bouncing depending on her energy level. We love the low profile and neutral color.
- Stokke Tripp Trapp Chair: A gift from Rob's mom that we are obsessed with. I was dreaming of that chair from the moment I found out we were pregnant and needed a highchair. You can buy a lot of accessories for the chair (ours has a cushion and plastic seat insert). Best of all? It fits in really well in a modern apartment AND it will grow with her. Bonus!
We also swear by these smaller items:
- Boon Winter Grass Drying Rack: A gift from friends who dared to buy something not listed on the registry. Thank goodness that they did! We loved it so much that we bought a second one. It's a fun way to dry all of those baby bottles, is easy to clean and also works for wine glasses!
- Sophie the Giraffe: I don't know what miracle fairy dust they put on this thing, but it really is as great as everyone says. It's Livia's favorite toy...she literally giggles at Sophie when she sees her. Too cute!
- NoseFrida: You know you're a parent when...you have a contraption called "The Snotsucker." But seriously, it's genius. Google to learn more.
When it comes to bigger purchases we try to stick with neutral colors, shapes, etc...just in case we have another baby and that baby isn't a girl, too!